We work closely with our clients in entering into dialogue with prospective employees. This is often part of a client’s Succession Planning strategy which may also include internal candidates.
Over a period of time this ensures candidates feel wanted and enables us on our clients’ behalf to positively and responsibly represent their brand. When the time for hiring comes, the right candidates are primed and ready for the call. A typical programme might involve:
- Speaking to prospective employees and making them aware of our client’s plans and likely recruitment needs in the next 12-18 months
- Ascertaining the level of interest in making a move and/or working for our client
- Informing them of the potential benefits of working for our client
- Getting a better understanding of them as a candidate, their goals and aspirations, issues regarding location and remuneration, and career goals
- If they are interested, communicating with them on a regular basis
- Where appropriate, introducing them to relevant client personnel, including potentially setting up exploratory meetings for both parties to explore potential opportunities.
The battle for the most talented executives is intensifying and companies are becoming more sophisticated at identifying and communicating positively with top candidates. The talent pipelining work we are carrying out gives our clients the best chance of securing the best people into their business, whilst saving money and reducing time to hire when compared with a traditional search exercise.